With your host John
Join artist Kasia Wiercinska for this lovely 1hr art tutorial webinar to urban sketch Oslo Cathedral using line and wash. * Details below * Broadcast live from Norway on 18 october 2022.
**See Reference photo and recommended materials below**
As a prelude to her full 2-3 hour workshop event, join Kasia as she works with two different techniques - pen drawing and watercolour. Kasia will walk you through sketching a composition using pen - creating textures of buildings, trees, working with perspective and hatching. After that, she will introduce watercolour to finish the artwork using colour, temperature and tone to create a sense of depth.
This technique is widely used by urban sketchers around the world. It is perfect for quick sketches on location and capturing your memories of the place on paper.
Find out about the related, 2-3 Workshop event here
After the live event, you can download the reference images and watch the complete, ad-free recording as an SKA Patron (level 3 and up) via our Video Library.
Click image below for automatic 10% OFF first order from Jackson's art - ships globally.
• PAPER: ¼ sheet (~28x38cm) of good quality paper (I use Arches 300gsm CP)
• PAINTS: Watercolours. Warm Yellow (use Winsor Yellow, it can be Cadmium Yellow too) - Orange or Red (Vermilion Hue and Permanent Red) - Ultramarine - Brown (Burnt Sienna and Red Brown, or it can be Burnt Umber too) - Opaque Titanium White
• BRUSHES: - 1 bigger brush round or flat (size 20 or similar) / a few pointed round brushes (sizes 6-16)
• PENS: - 2 waterproof fineliners size 0.6 and 0.2 (Eg. Staedtler, Snowman, Artline) - optional: brush pen with waterproof ink (Kasia uses Marvy Technical Drawing Pen Brush)
• OTHER: - Painting tape - Painting board