With your host John
Join artist Kasia Wiercinska for this relaxing 1 hour Art Class webinar to paint a New Zealand sunrise. * Details below * Broadcast live from Norway on 3 May 2022.
**See Reference photo and recommended materials below**
In this prelude to her full, 2-3 hour workshop webinar, paint along with Kasia to paint a simple but dramatic sunset. You will learn how to mix colours and create soft transition between them, to make sure the sun in your painting is really shining :) You will also learn how to work on wet paper and use thickness of watercolour paint to build your composition.
Find out about the related, 2-3 hour workshop event here >
After the live event, you can download the reference images and watch the complete, ad-free recording as an SKA Patron (level 3 and up) via our Video Library.
NOTE: Please apply masking fluid prior to starting the class (see below)
Click image below for automatic 10% OFF first order from Jackson's art - ships globally.
• PAPER: ¼ sheet (~28x38cm) of good quality paper (I use Arches 300gsm CP)
• PAINTS: Watercolours -
- Warm Yellow (Winsor Yellow, it can be Cadmium Yellow too)
- Orange (Vermilion Hue) - optional
- Red (Permanent Red)
- Crimson – optional
- Dioxazine Violet
- Brown Burnt Sienna and Red Brown, it can be Burnt Umber too)
- Blue (Cerulean, it can be also Manganese or Cobalt)
- Opaque Titanium White
• BRUSHES: - 1 bigger brush round or flat (Kasia uses flat brush size 50 and round pointed brush size 20) / a few pointed round brushes (sizes 6-16)
• OTHER: - Painting tape/ Masking fluid (Will use it for the sun)