With your host John
Join artist Kasia Wiercinska for this 2-3hr workshop webinar to paint a boat morning view. ** Details below ** Broadcasting live from Norway on 24 May 2022, Tuesday at 3:30PM (UK time). Please make a note in your diary.
To book a live ticket or pre-order the video, visit the artists shop here >
Once purchased, the relevant downloadable reference pictures and Zoom link will be sent to the day before the event. If you are an SKA Patron (level 2 and up), you do not need to purchase the recording. It is included when you book the live event ticket.
NOTE: When attending the live event, your video and microphone are deactivated by default. You can however speak to the artist should you wish. You will also get the opportunity of sharing your completed painting(s) with the artist during and after the event (or after watching the recording), for comments and feedback.
Share your art and feedback here >
(link coming on day of event)
**See reference photo, sketch and recommended materials below**
Join Kasia in this workshop to paint a morning view with three boats. You will learn how to paint water texture, reflections on a water surface, and how to create sense of depth in your painting. Kasia will guide you step by step through the entire painting process, starting with loose style wet-on-wet techniques and finishing with small details and thick paint. Kasia will also show you how she chooses the colour schemes for her paintings.
Click image below for automatic 10% OFF first order from Jackson's art - ships globally.
• PAPER: ¼ sheet (~28x38cm) of good quality paper (I use Arches 300gsm CP)
• PAINTS: Watercolours
- Warm Yellow (Winsor Yellow, it can be Cadmium Yellow too)
- Yellow Ochra - optional
- Dioxazine Violet
- Brown (Red Brown, it can be Burnt Umber too)
- Blue (Cerulean, it can be also Manganese)
- Viridian Green - optional
- Turquoise – optional (you can also mix your Cerulean and Viridian)
- Opaque Titanium White
• BRUSHES: 1 bigger brush round or flat (Kasia uses flat brush size 50 and round pointed brush size 20) / a few pointed round brushes (sizes 6-16) or flat brush around 6-8 mm / small brush for details size 0-2
• OTHER: Painting tape/ spray bottle - optional