Join Fiona Hooper for this 45 minute Arty Class to paint this cute dog called 'Smudge' using oil. Filmed live from England on 30 March 2021.
**See Reference photo and recommended materials below**
In this Arty class you will learn how to mix oil paint with a knife, load paint onto the knife, and dab to add highlights and details focusing on the Border Terriers eyes and ears.
Reference painting example:
Click image below for automatic 10% OFF first order from Jackson's art - ships globally.
• Oil paints – Titanium white, cadmium red medium, cadmium yellow medium, raw sienna, burnt umber, French ultramarine blue
• Two or three different shape and size painting knives is useful, although Fiona often finds herself just using a favourite one! For painting it is advisable to use the type with a cranked handle to keep your hand away from the painting surface. A palette knife (with a straight blade) is useful for cleaning your palette. Fiona recommends metal painting knives rather than plastic.
• Palette – wooden, glass or disposable paper
• Paper towels or cotton rags – plenty!
• Support – stretched canvas 40 x 40 cms (16 x 16 ins)
• Coloured pencil and / or charcoal for putting a few guide marks on your canvas.
• A small mirror may be useful.