Join professional artist Les Darlow for this informative, Special Arty Class that will walk you through interpreting a photograph, using pastel. Filmed live on 17th December 2020.
Upload your class art to Facebook here >
Les will be walking you through "Interpreting a photograph", altering values and colour temperatures to create Depth, recession and colour harmony. He never copies Photographs but uses them for inspiration to create a painting based on Light, Energy and Movement. You will simplify and re-arrange the composition below to make it work much better.
SEE DETAILS ON LES'S UPCOMING WORKSHOP HERE >
See Reference photo and recommended materials below:
Recommended materials list:
• 1 Sheet Canson Touch Sand Colour preferred although light blue or grey possible
Suggested size 350mm x 350mm - 400mm roughly, Although students can work smaller if they so wish
• 1 Black Conte Crayon, or Black Pastel Pencil (Dark Brown, Dark Purple, Dark Blue) optional
• Pastels, I'll be using Unison and Rembrandt maybe some Jacksons hard pastels A mix. (brand not essential but Unison Preferred).
A49 from the Unison Range, It's a very Dark Prussian Blue, (almost Black) Preferred.
A range of Blues Violets, A light turquoise
Deep Red Wine colour
Warm peach colour
some light Yellows
• ALL yellow must be Red/Orange Bias not green Bias
• A pastel pencil to draw a few marks on paper for layout.