Join professional artist Robert Dutton live from England for a 2-3hr workshop using Derwent Inktense. Filmed live on 3rd December 2020.
** PURCHASE/UNLOCK VIDEO BELOW **
After workshop, upload your art to Facebook here >
**See workshop reference pictures and recommended materials below**
Robert will take you through the painting below from start to finish. He will demonstrate how to create a richly layered painting using his hallmark expressive painting techniques, combining different Derwent Inktense paints, sticks and water soluble pencils to create a uniquely rich and colourfully layered painting. With exciting textures and strong compositional shapes and forms your finished painting is sure to impress!
“Since discovering Derwent Inktense I’ve use this exciting drawing and painting medium a lot and I mean - A LOT! From the handy and portable compact ‘go anywhere do anything” Paint Pan Travel Set of 12 colours to the full range of 72 Inktense sticks of glorious colour choices to select from, the versatile media has proven time and time again to have great validity in my work. From the lightest delicate washes to rich and deep supercharged darks, there is so much you can do with this exciting media - I love it”.
Unlock Workshop Video
If you attended the workshop and are a Patron paying £15 or above, message us on Patreon to unlock for free
Make a one-off purchase here (£39 if didn't attend the workshop, £15 if you did)
(If you have paid to unlock the video but still can't see using the link at the top of this page, please contact us)
• Inktense pencils, paints and/or blocks (specifically 36 tin pencils, 36 tin sticks and/or with 12 paint pan set).
• Deep well mixing palette and separate small water mixing containers for creating fluid Inktense mixes
• Nutmeg grinder, Craft knife or scalpel.
• Kitchen roll
• Water containers for clean water mixing - at least three on the go and three containing clean water in reserve
• Large round, chisel, long haired and mop brushes - ShopKeepArty Patrons can find a full list of these here
• 300gsm (140LB) ‘Not’ 100% Rag content watercolour paper. Suggested brand Canson Heritage ‘not’
• Recommended size 20 x 22 inches (51 x 56 cm)
• The downloaded image on GLOSS PAPER where possible A4
• Drawing board to attach your paper securely too so it doesn't move about when painting FLAT.
• Masking tape.
• Scrap paper - (used photocopier paper is perfect)
• Permanent White Gouache - Essential (any brand of artists quality)
• Small old white ceramic plates or saucers for paint mixing. ( 3 recommended)
• Derwent pencil sharpener - any kind
• Derwent eraser primarily or, any brand
and… a spirit of creative adventure!