Join romantic figurative oil painter Ryno Swart for a detailed and enlightening figure painting workshop. Filmed live from South Africa on 18th February 2021.
**Scroll to bottom for attendee feedback about this webinar**
See Reference photo and recommended materials below.
Together, you will be taking the selected painting from a drawing through the various stage to completion within the time available.
The painting will be used as the model for the workshop and together we shall recreate it in clearly defined steps.
The attendees will work from a drawing. Ryno shall show the various stages starting from composition and demonstrate each technique on a smaller canvas, 10 x 14", for painting alongside him.
Because of time constraints, he will work in the all prima method while demonstrating each stage.
You will cover:
• Composition and figure study.
• Turner's method of colour beginning in oil washes.
• Then we transpose the composition working with a fine rigger brush.
• Next we indicate the tonal arrangement using a scumble technique.
• In the province of light, we'll work into these scumbles in direct painting technique, separate touches of carefully judged colour notes.
• As we finish, we employ impasto, both brush and palette knife.
Unlock Workshop Video
Complimentary unlock if you attended the workshop and are a Patron Level 2+. Simply message us on Patreon
(If you have paid to unlock the video but still can't see using the link at the top of this page, click here to visit our unlock page)
See Reference photo and recommended materials below:
Recommended materials • Stretched canvas: 10 x 14 inches. The best is Belgian linen in a fine weave. Otherwise Winsor & Newton or Primart.
• A wooden palette
• 2 palette cups
• Brushes, (bristle) The best brushes are Dynasty series 1350F:
Nos 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2, flats. Varnishing brush 4cm and a palette knife.
• Genuine turpentine. Refined linseed oil.
• Pigments. I swear by Rowney Georgian:
French ultramarine blue
• A hard cover sketch book: Primart “visual diary”
• 4B or 5B pencil