Join professional watercolourist Grahame Booth for another of his delightful 1 hour Special Arty Classes. Filmed live from Northern Ireland on 15th April 2021.
As summer approaches, Grahame will help you look at how to simply create effective and believable sunshine and shadows using watercolour.
**See Reference and recommended materials below**
Painting style example
Click image below for automatic 10% OFF first order from Jackson's art - ships globally.
< Grahame recommends that you have your drawing completed ahead of the Special Arty Class >
• 200lb Saunders NOT paper. Any good quality watercolour paper, rough or NOT (cold pressed) can be used.
• Variety of brushes from Rosemary and Co. One or two well pointed round brushes as well as a smaller size 4 or rigger for any little details.
• Grahame will be using colours from: French ultramarine, phthalo blue GS, cobalt blue, cerulean blue, cadmium red, quinacridone magenta, brown madder, burnt sienna, cadmium yellow, Indian yellow, quinacridone gold, aureolin, naples yellow and white gouache. He will not use all of these colours in the painting.
• A water spray may also be used along with kitchen roll.
• Do not feel you must use the same materials. It is better that you use paint and materials you are familiar with.