With your host John
Join watercolour artist Marvin Chew for this 1 hour Patron Special webinar, to paint a beautiful cottage in the Cotswolds. Filmed live from Singapore on 7 October 2021.
**See Reference and recommended materials below**
In this interesting prelude to his upcoming, 2-3 hour workshop, Marvin will show you how to draw and paint a cottage in Burford, Cotswolds.
Understand the basics of two-point perspective to improve your drawing skills, and learn how to make use of the glazing technique in watercolour painting to enhance the form and contrast of the cottage, layer by layer.
Click image below for automatic 10% OFF first order from Jackson's art - ships globally.
• PAPER: 1x Quarter Sheet (11” x 15” or 28 x 38cm) 100% cotton acid-free watercolour paper, either cold-press or rough, or watercolour block of equivalent size. Marvin will be using 100% cotton made Baohong watercolour paper, rough. Other 100% cotton made watercolour papers such as Arches, Saunders, Fabriano Artistico are good too.
Watercolour Paint Tubes or Pans Marvin will be using this palette during his painting demos. The colours on his palette are: (From Left to right column, top to bottom)
● Permanent Lemon Yellow
● Azo Yellow Deep
● Yellow Ochre
● Sap Green
● Pyrrole Orange
● Cadmium Red
● Permanent Madder Lake/ Carmine
● Manganese Violet
● Cerulean Blue
● Cobalt Turquoise Blue
● French Ultramarine/ Ultramarine Blue
● Cobalt Blue
● Turquoise Blue/ Phthalo Green
● Burnt Sienna
● Lamp Black
The list of colours above are based on Rembrandt Watercolours by Royal Talens. Marvin may or may not use all the colours in the palette during the workshop. Colours which he uses regularly are Lemon Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Sap Green, Cadmium Red, Cobalt Turquoise Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Lavender, Cobalt Blue and Burnt Sienna. Same name or equivalent colours by other brands are acceptable
• BRUSHES: Marvin will be using the below however there’s no need to use the exact same brand. Any brushes of similar type are good enough.
Escoda Aquario #14 (Mid-size squirrel hair mop brush)
Da Vinci Maestro kolinsky sable round brush #10 (Large size kolinsky or red sable round)
Nevskaya kolinsky sable #6 (Mid-size kolinsky or red sable round)
Escoda Perla No. 8 (Mid-size synthetic round)
Escoda Perla No. 4 (Small-size synthetic round
Neef 4400 Needlepoint #8 (mid-size rigger)
Daley Rowney Sapphire ½” (mid-size synthetic flat)
• OTHER: Soft eraser, any white plastic, metal or ceramic palette, with sufficiently large mixing areas, masking tapes and a plastic, corrugated, foam, or plywood board as backing to hold paper (not needed if you are using a watercolour block),water container (preferably with 2 or 3 separate compartments), cotton cloth or rag, tissue paper, spray bottle, Blackwing pencil (any 2B pencil), Pilot mechanical pencil 0.9mm, Daley Rowney Designer Gouache - Permanent White, Rounded palette knife, or used credit card