Join professional artist Ian Fennelly for this entertaining look at sketching your high street. Filmed live on 12th Jan '21.
In this short class, Ian will be covering the following techniques which will be expanded on in the full, 2-3hr workshop webinar (see link above):
1 Sketching the outline and basic shape of the composition.
2 Applying layers of watercolour to the outline sketch
3 Developing a range of tone
4 Creating detail and pattern based on close observation
5 Telling stories through art
See Reference photo and recommended materials below:
Example sketch: (not from the photo above)
1. A3 watercolour paper. Hot press if possible.
2. Tombow Brush Pens – black and a range of greys, particularly the lighter
greys - N15, N75, N79, N60, N89, N95
3. Fine liner pens – from 0.05 – 0.8 Pilot, Staedtler, Faber Castell, Derwent
Graphik – any of these brands are fine.
4. Watercolour pan set – I use Winsor and Newton but any good brand will be
5. Range of brushes, from flats to riggers