Join professional artist Ian Fennelly for this entertaining look at sketching your high street. Filmed live on 12th Jan '21.
Watch this Arty Class:
In this short class, Ian will be covering the following techniques which will be expanded on in the full, 2-3hr workshop webinar (see link above):
1 Sketching the outline and basic shape of the composition.
2 Applying layers of watercolour to the outline sketch
3 Developing a range of tone
4 Creating detail and pattern based on close observation
5 Telling stories through art
See Reference photo and recommended materials below:
Painting created from class:
1. A3 watercolour paper. Hot press if possible.
2. Tombow Brush Pens – black and a range of greys, particularly the lighter
greys - N15, N75, N79, N60, N89, N95
3. Fine liner pens – from 0.05 – 0.8 Pilot, Staedtler, Faber Castell, Derwent
Graphik – any of these brands are fine.
4. Watercolour pan set – I use Winsor and Newton but any good brand will be
5. Range of brushes, from flats to riggers