On Tuesday 2nd June, Helga demonstrated how you could use ink, coffee and bleach in creating amazing landscapes. Watch the video and see the various art submissions from the class below.
IMPORTANT: The use of bleach is optional, but you get the best effects from using it. However, as this is a hazardous product, children must have a responsible adult present during the Arty Class as only the paper and paintbrush must come into contact with the bleach. If you do use bleach, you do so at your own risk.
> TO WATCH THIS VIDEO, YOU NEED TO BE A PATRON WITH LEVEL 'ARTY CLASS VIDEO ARCHIVE' OR ABOVE. CLICK TO VISIT PATREON & SEE REWARDS <
Materials required for this Arty Class:
• A couple of sheets of watercolour paper (A4)
• Watercolour brushes - 1 large, middle and small (like a rigger)
• [OPTIONAL] A small amount of bleach (you could put it in a jar lid so there's less chance to knock it over). Please see important notice above.
• 2 jars with water
• Water colour paint + paint pallet
• Kitchen roll
• Quick ink (WH Smith sell Parker ink . You could just stick to black to keep the cost down and either buy a jar or packet of little pen ink cartridges (but please be careful when cutting these open) [Dr Ph Martins concentrated watercolour can also be used]
• Coffee granules (a spoonful of instant)
James McGuinness (aged 9)
Rookley Dring, age 4
Julie Barnett 1
Julie Barnett 2
Jan Yardley x3