On 9th July '20, celebrated collage and oil artist Sylvia Paul took us through creating an amazingly vibrant still life collage using various papers and acrylic.
You can watch the workshop in full by clicking the unlocked video below. If it isn't unlocked, you can purchase it by visiting Sylvia's shop here: https://shopkeepeasy.com/sylvia-paul-art
See video, reference picture, materials required and paintings received below.
Workshop Video (to unlock this video, purchase here)
(If you have paid to unlock the video but still can't see it showing, please contact us)
Materials Required • 40 x 40cm canvas (If you can't get a canvas you can use a canvas board, primed MDF or even heavy paper or card)
• Acrylic paints (Here are some of my basic colours but you use what you have - cadmium red, magenta, cadmium yellow, lemon yellow, cadmium orange, turquoise, violet, cobalt blue, titanium white)
• Brushes - including a large one at least 2cm I use a decorators brush also some smaller ones suitable for acrylics.
• Palette - greaseproof paper can be used
• Water pot, kitchen roll
• Hairdryer - handy if you need to speed up the drying
• Glue pot - yoghurt pot or similar
• PVA glue
• Table cover (it is messy)
• A collection of papers for collage - papers you may already have at home gift wrap, tissue printed or plain, magazine or comics, doilies, paper serviettes, old sheet music, old map, dress patterns, paper bags, corrugated card, toilet roll inside tube, egg box, paper sweet or chocolate wrappers
- any other interesting papers such as handmade textured papers, decorative craft papers, wall paper.
Paintings sent in to us: