Join professional artist Robert Dutton as he continues his go with the flow series. Filmed live on 27 October ‘20.
Watch the Arty Class:
In this short 45 minute introductory session, Robert will teach you lots as he demonstrates how drawn and painted charcoal marks are easily created using Nitram Charcoal and Nitram Liquid Charcoal to create a fascinating and compelling expressive drawing using both innovative types of media in combination.
Within a few simple free flow drawn and painted marks the quick exercises, Robert will show you new ways to explore the wonderful world of expressive drawing and is sure to inspire you!
See Reference pictures and recommended materials below
Robert will be using a combination of the following for this taster class as well as his 2hrs+ Live Workshop webinar on 10th November:
• Canson 300gsm (140lb) Moulin du Roy ‘Not’ 100% cotton rag watercolour paper paper (or similar). Heavier weight ‘Not’ watercolour papers acceptable, lighter weight will need stretching before the Masterclass and be completely dry before you start.
• Spritzer (water spray/difuser) bottle.
• Nitram Assorted Charcoal Pack www.cassart.co.uk (Search Nitram)
• Nitram Sharpening bloc https://www.jacksonsart.com/nitram-sharpening-bloc-for-charcoal-pastel
• Nitram liquid charcoal https://www.jacksonsart.com/nitram-liquid-charcoal-50ml
• Brushes - large watercolour mops, large flat 1.5 - 2 inch flat chisel brushes, large (Pro Arte have some great Series 101 and 100 brushes to choose from. Large Chinese brushes, large Pro Arte Swordline, Riggers or similar large long hair brushes.
The following links should help: http://www.proarte.co.uk/SyntheticSable/series99onestrok.html
• Water pots and wells for mixing your charcoal
• Unison Colour and Rembrandt White pastels - or similar.
• Tissues or kitchen roll