On Tue 28th July popular professional artist, Tim Fisher joined us for another free Arty Class to create Lakeland Farm near Crummock Water ~ a painting using just three colours and a brush.
In this painting worked with a limited palette and a single 3/4” flat brush to produce a Lakeland landscape of a farmhouse surrounded by trees. After a quick introduction to colour mixing, Tim taught us how to paint atmospheric mountains, portray distance and paint trees and bushes.
SCROLL DOWN to see materials required...
If you do not feel confident in your drawing ability then we would suggest a faint pencil drawing of the farmhouse to layout the subject before working over the entire subject with watercolour which Tim will do during the free Arty Class.
• Watercolour paints (preferably tubes)
- French ultramarine blue (equivalent colour Cobalt blue)
- French vermillion (equivalent colour Alizarin crimson)
- Yellow ochre (equivalent colour raw sienna)
- 3/4” flat brush (nylon or synthetic)
- Watercolour paper 11”x15” not surface, 300gms (140lb) Bockingford, Arches, Saunders Waterford or any surface you are familiar with. Plus a spare piece for any practice required
• Other items
- Drawing board that can be tilted (books or blocks can be placed under the edge)
- 3B pencil
- Water container
- Watercolour palette
- Kitchen roll