On Tue 28th July popular professional artist, Tim Fisher joined us for another free Arty Class to create Lakeland Farm near Crummock Water ~ a painting using just three colours and a brush.
In this painting worked with a limited palette and a single 3/4” flat brush to produce a Lakeland landscape of a farmhouse surrounded by trees. After a quick introduction to colour mixing, Tim taught us how to paint atmospheric mountains, portray distance and paint trees and bushes.
> TO WATCH THIS VIDEO, YOU NEED TO BE A PATRON WITH LEVEL 'ARTY CLASS VIDEO ARCHIVE' OR ABOVE. CLICK TO VISIT PATREON & SEE REWARDS <
Share Your Creation on our Facebook Post
SCROLL DOWN to see materials required...
If you do not feel confident in your drawing ability then we would suggest a faint pencil drawing of the farmhouse to layout the subject before working over the entire subject with watercolour which Tim will do during the free Arty Class.
• Watercolour paints (preferably tubes)
- French ultramarine blue (equivalent colour Cobalt blue)
- French vermillion (equivalent colour Alizarin crimson)
- Yellow ochre (equivalent colour raw sienna)
- 3/4” flat brush (nylon or synthetic)
- Watercolour paper 11”x15” not surface, 300gms (140lb) Bockingford, Arches, Saunders Waterford or any surface you are familiar with. Plus a spare piece for any practice required
• Other items
- Drawing board that can be tilted (books or blocks can be placed under the edge)
- 3B pencil
- Water container
- Watercolour palette
- Kitchen roll