On Thur 9th July, professional animal artist Liz Chaderton guided us through the painting of animal eyes in watercolour. If you want to relive the live Arty Class, see video and materials list below.
> TO WATCH THIS VIDEO, YOU NEED TO BE A PATRON WITH LEVEL 'ARTY CLASS VIDEO ARCHIVE' OR ABOVE. CLICK TO VISIT PATREON & SEE REWARDS <
SCROLL DOWN to see materials required...
Arty Class Prep:
• You should do a simple outline before the class (download this sheet) using a HB pencil, lightly.
• You might also find this reference sheet useful
Use the full space as it is far easier to be paint loosely on a larger scale and not on a small one. Either print the reference pictures or have it available on a tablet/computer.
• Quarter sheet of NOT watercolour paper, minimum 140lb. I will be using Bockingford. Or at least A4.
• Round brush with a decent point, size 8-10
• Rigger size 2
• 2 waterpots
• Hair dryer
• HB pencil
• Kitchen towel
• Palette or white plate
• Two colours which mix to make a good dark - would suggest something like:
- Burnt Sienna + French Ultramarine
- Burnt Umber + French Ultramarine
- Alizarin + Viridian
- A nice transparent yellow eg quin gold, gamboge, hansa yellow